Developing a life-cycle based BIM workflow combining sustainable design principles and integration of green systems in the building envelope. Integration of research in the green-infrastructure and building design with BIM technology, aimed at decarbonizing and improving the quality of the urban environment, while increasing the efficiency of the design-construction-maintenance chain.
- Task 6.1: review of literature on sustainable construction, green systems, and BIM, including BIM evolution on Green buildings.
- Task 6.2: collect and review benchmarks and good practices of green building projects, analyzing the different stages of the design and construction process, and characteristics and performance concerning design and construction phases.
- Task 6.3: elaborate a multi-objective approach, covering all the relevant aspects of a green high-performance building, including Life Cycle Assessment, Life Cycle Costing, eco-friendly materials, energy and water efficiency, carbon footprint, regulation capacity, etc.
- Framework for promoting green buildings as drivers for the improvement of urban quality and environmental health in future low carbon societies.
- BIM workflow for designing green high-performance buildings, as a basis for standardization of repeatable, consistent, and intuitive processes.
- Guidelines to new job requirements and future platforms to accelerate BIM development.
Miguel Amado, Francesca Poggi – IST, Portugal
Laura Esteves – TD, Portugal
Thomas Bartzanas – AUA, Greece
Lagoas Park Edificio Dois, Porto Salvo Oeiras 2740 265, Portugal